Email Setup for Mail (Mac)
This guide is for OS X El Capitan, please make sure you mac is running the latest software. Click on the link below to update you mac to El Captian.
Mail is the default email program that comes with Mac OS X. You can configure it to access your email account by following these instructions.
1. Open Mac Mail.
2. Click Mail.
3. Click Add Account.
4. Click Other Mail Account... and then Continue.
5. Enter the following details.
- Enter your full name
- Enter your email address
- Enter your email password
6. Click Sign In.
7. Enter the following details.
- In User Name: Enter your full email address.
- In Account Type: IMAP
- In Incoming Mail Server:mail.domainname.??? (Eg: if you have 1800mobile.com.au it would be mail.1800mobile.com.au but if you had 1800mobile.net it would be mail.1800mobile.net)
- In Outgoing Mail Server: mail.domainname.??? (Eg: if you have 1800mobile.com.au it would be mail.1800mobile.com.au but if you had 1800mobile.net it would be mail.1800mobile.net)
8. Click Sign In
9. Click Done.
10. Your email is all setup on Mail.
For information on how to set up signatures and other features in Mail, refer to this support guide below.
Use Mail on your Mac
- Mac Mail Automated SetupViews: 1876
- Email Setup for Microsoft Outlook 2016 Manual Method (Windows)Views: 1974
- Email Setup for Microsoft Outlook 2013 (Windows)Views: 27742
- Apple Mobile Automated SetupViews: 5027
- Email Setup For Thunderbird (Windows/Mac/Linux)Views: 970